Tasks of the assignment
The International consultant will undertake the following tasks:
• Practical assistance to members of the producer group in sugar beet production based on modern technologies.
• Inspection of production batches with a regularity once in 15 days, providing recommendations for each farmers
• Elaboration of the technological maps for administration of chemical products
• Deliver one-day training sessions on modern technologies of sugar beet productions
• Suggest follow up activities/recommendations within the CPIU-IFAD on strengthening the sugar beet production sector and implementation of new innovative technologies.
• Make one presentation at the State Agrarian University of Moldova for teaching staff and students of Modern Technology of sugar beet Production Technology;
• Give an expert review on current situation of sugar beet production in Moldova and make recommendation to the local Government authorities, research institutes, education organizations and other institutions dealing with sugar been production sector;
• Develop the activity report on consultancy undertaken, including attained outputs, conclusions and next stage recommendations;
Requirements for Experience and Qualifications
• University Degree in Horticulture or related fields (PhD is an advantage);
• At least 10 years of experience in productions agricultural sector, preferably in R&D or crop advisor role;
• Previous experience of growing or advising on sugar beet production ;
• Experience of working with expert groups and farmers;
• Good knowledge of sugar beet growing technologies and existing suppliers of technologies, crop protection means, etc.;
• Good command of spoken and written English;
• Computer proficiency, including knowledge of office productivity suites.
For More Details access:
Location and other aspects
* Payments will be disbursed in instalments upon submission and approval of deliverables and certification by CPIU-IFAD coordinator, that the services have been satisfactorily performed.
* Proposal should be submitted at the following address:
CPIU-IFAD, office 1303,
162, Stefan cel Mare si Sfint bld,
MD-2004 Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com later than May 28th, 2013 till 10:00 a.m.
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing by standard electronic communication to firstname.lastname@example.org.