Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Project: “FILIERE DU VIN UPGRADING” (Finance Contract no (Serapis) 2010-0484)
Purchaser: Consolidated Unit for Implementing and Monitoring the Wine Sector Restructuring Program (UCIMPRSVV).
Supply and installment of laboratory equipment for the Technical University of Moldova, procured within the Education and Research Institutions component of the “Filiere du Vin Upgrading” project.
IFB No. # LAB_UTM2_2014
1. The Republic of Moldova is undertaking the ”Filiere du Vin Upgrading” (the Project) in the amount of EUR 75 million (the Loan), to address the structural weaknesses in the Moldovan wine industry, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the Contract for procurement of Laboratory equipment to be supplied and installed within the laboratories of Oenology Chair of the Technical University of Moldova.
2. The Consolidated Unit for Implementing and Monitoring the Wine Sector Restructuring Program (UCIMPRSVV) from Moldova now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for:
Laboratory equipment to be supplied and installed within the Oenology Chair of the Technical University of Moldova.
The Bidder must bid for 100% of items. The Purchaser’s evaluation of a bid will consider only the price factor. The place of destination is Republic of Moldova. The delivery and installation period is up to 8 weeks.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits.
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information and/or request an electronic copy of the bidding documents from: UCIMPRSVV; PIU Procurement Officer, Telephone/fax: +373 22 260906; Cell phone: +373 78812202; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org The Bidding Documents are provided free of charge (in electronic format) and shall be sent via e-mail, upon written request.
5. Bidders Qualification Requirements:
(a) If Bidder is Manufacturer:
(i) Financial Capability
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence that it meets the following financial requirement(s):
- The annual turnover of the Bidder should be not less than EUR 800,000.00; or equivalent, for each of the past 3 years.
The Bidder should provide audited financial statements and balance sheets for the last three complete financial years demonstrating the soundness of the Bidder's financial position and demonstrating that it has the financial resources necessary to handle the requirements of the proposed Contract.
(ii) Experience and Technical Capacity
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that it meets the following experience requirement(s):
a) It should have been in operation for a minimum period of (past) 5 years being a Laboratory equipment manufacturing, supply and installation company.
b) The following additional documentary evidence should be presented within 28 days by the successful bidder upon receipt of notification for contract award and the contract shall be signed only after this documentary evidence is provided. (note: if available, this documentary evidence can be also presented together with the bidding documents). The documentary evidence will consist of a statement with details from Bidder with respect to the following:
- it has adequate repairing premises with spare parts warehouse, for proposed Laboratory equipment - in Chisinau, Moldova (or provide copy of an agreement with such service center in Chisinau);
- it has service personnel certified for installation and repairing the proposed Laboratory equipment;
(b) If Bidder is not manufacturer:
If a Bidder is not a manufacturer, but is offering the Goods on behalf of the Manufacturer under Manufacturer's Authorization Form (Section IV, Bidding Forms), the Manufacturer shall demonstrate the above qualifications a (i), (ii), (iii) and the Bidder shall demonstrate that it has successfully completed at least 6 (six) similar complexity contracts of similar goods (laboratory equipment) in the past 3 years (2013, 2012, 2011). Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below (1) at or before 10.00 AM, December 30, 2014. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below (1) at 10.00 AM, December 30, 2014.All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of: EUR 5,000.00.
The addresses referred to above are:
(1) For bid submission and bid opening purposes, the Purchaser’s address is:
Attention: PIU Procurement Officer, Address: 18, Calea Basarabiei str., MD-2023, 2nd floor, City: Chisinau;Moldova. For bid submission: office # 2; For bid opening: office # 10.