1. The Republic of Moldova is undertaking the ”Filiere du Vin Upgrading” (the Project) in the amount of EUR 75 million (the Loan), to address the structural weaknesses in the Moldovan wine industry, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the Contract for procurement of Winemaking equipment to be supplied and installed within the micro-winery laboratory of the Technical University of Moldova.
2. The Consolidated Unit for Implementing and Monitoring the Wine Sector Restructuring Program (UCIMPRSVV) from Moldova now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for procurement of : Winemaking equipment to be supplied and installed within the micro-winery laboratory of the Technical University of Moldova.
The Bidder must bid for 100% of items. The Purchaser’s evaluation of a bid will consider only the price factor. The place of destination is Republic of Moldova. The delivery and installation period is up to 12 weeks.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and/or request an electronic copy of the bidding documents from: UCIMPRSVV; PIU Procurement Officer, Telephone/fax: +373 22 260906; Cell phone: +373 78812202; Email: email@example.com
The Bidding Documents are provided free of charge (in electronic format) and shall be sent via e-mail, upon written request.
5. Bidders Qualification Requirements:
(a) Financial Capability
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence that it meets the following financial requirements:
- The annual turnover of the Bidder should be not less than: EUR 600,000.00; or equivalent, for each of the past 3 years.
The Bidder should provide audited financial statements and balance sheets for the last three complete financial years demonstrating the soundness of the Bidder's financial position and demonstrating that it has the financial resources necessary to handle the requirements of the proposed Contract.
(b) Experience and Technical Capacity
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that it meets the following experience requirements:
i) It should have been in operation for a minimum period of (last) 5 years being a winemaking equipment supply and installation engineering company, and being an ISO management certified company.
ii) The following additional documentary evidence should be presented within 28 days by the successful bidder upon receipt of notification for contract award and the contract shall be signed only after this documentary evidence is provided. (note: if available, this documentary evidence can be also presented together with the bidding documents). The documentary evidence will consist of a statement with details from Bidder with respect to the following:
- it has adequate repairing premises for proposed winemaking equipment,
- it has necessary repairing equipment for repairing and maintaining the proposed winemaking equipment,
- it has service personnel certified for supply, installation and repairing the proposed winemaking equipment;
- it has a spare parts warehouse for winemaking equipment.
iii) The Bidder must demonstrate that they have supplied, installed and fully commissioned similar complexity projects (new winemaking/micro-winery productions) during the past 3 years;
Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below (1) at or before 10.00 AM, November 06, 2014. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below (1) at 10.00 AM, November 06, 2014. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of: EUR 4,000.00.
The addresses referred to above are: (1) For bid submission and bid opening purposes, the Purchaser’s address is:
Attention: PIU Procurement Officer, Address: 18, Calea Basarabiei str., MD-2023, 2nd floor, City: Chisinau;Moldova. For bid submission: office # 2; For bid opening: office # 10.